Askimet is a perfect plugin to stop the Blog commenting spam. When the visitor of the blog submits the comment, the comment will be sent to Askimet server for Approval process. The server checks and manipulates the comment posted in the Blog whether it is Ham or Spam. Based upon the server response it will be submitted to Comment Moderation of the Author or it will send to comment spam list.
How to Configure Askimet Plugin in WordPress Blog?
- Askimet is Pre-installed i.e users doesn’t need to install it.
- Activate the Askimet plugin through Plugins -> Installed Plugins -Activate Askimet.
- Now go to Settings option and follow the On Screen instructions for API key.
- Make sure you have selected correct plan but for personal Blog it is free Submit the registration details and the API key would be sent to the registered Email ID instantly.
- Enter the Askimet API key in the required field and finally click Update Options.
Make sure that Askimet servers are available to ensure that the Blog is protected from Spam comments. In my opinion it is the perfect Spam comment blocker plugin for WordPress. Askimet stats provides the details about blocked comments and ham comments with data available for various date format. Let me know via comments if you face any issue with the Topic.